Floral Arrangements: Who pays for flowers at a wedding?

Q. We are parents of the groom, and have just been informed by his fiancee that one of our obligations is paying for the flowers. Is this true?

A. Traditionally, the groom’s parents and/or the groom pays for boutonnieres for the groom’s attendants, the bride’s going-away corsage,
corsages for immediate members of both families unless the bride has included them in her florist’s order.

The bride’s parents and/or the bride pay for the floral decorations for ceremony and reception, the bridesmaids’ flowers, and the bride’s bouquet.

It should be noted that these are traditional expenses — not written in granite. Any number of arrangements can be made.

Honorary Title : When is someone a “Maid” of Honor?

Q. When a lady has been married and has a child, should she be listed as Matron of Honor or as Maid of Honor?

A. We realize this response did not go out in time for your wedding but wanted to send it anyway for future reference. “Matron of Honor” is correct for anyone who is married, regardless of whether or not she is a mother. “Maid of Honor” is appropriate for an unmarried woman.