Simple, No-bake and Tasty!
This simple no-bake cake was a staple for Elizabeth Post, Cindy’s mother and Dan’s grandmother. It was so tasty and easy to make that it remains one of our favorite quick-fix desserts today! We use Famous Chocolate Wafers in this icebox cake, and our recipe is a version of the one on the back of the Famous cookie box.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 package Famous Chocolate Wafers
- Beat the whipping cream, vanilla and sugar on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread a generous spoonful of the whipped cream onto each wafer. Stack the wafers, then lay them down on a platter.
- Frost with the remaining whipped cream until all the chocolate is covered.
- Refrigerate 4 hours. Cut diagonally to serve.