A Delicious Take on Bread and Cheese!
The best part about this recipe is that you can easily adjust it to make a small or large batch. You can even eyeball the ingredients without destroying the dish!
- 1 French baguette
- 4-8 oz. cream cheese (full fat), softened (8 oz. makes a creamier mix, 4 oz. will be chunkier – both will be delicious!)
- ¼ lb honey ham sliced medium to thin and diced
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Slice baguette into ½ or ¼ inch slices and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, honey ham, Swiss cheese and mustard.
- Using a spoon (I use a tablespoon) scoop a small amount of the mixture onto a slice of baguette and set aside on the cookie sheet. Repeat until sheet is full or mixture runs out.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and slightly puffed.
- Briefly broil to give a golden brown top to each crostini.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve!