By Dawn Stanyon, AICI FLC, Professional Image Consultant
Surveys have shown that people’s number one fear is public speaking. Number two? Death! In the workplace, many of us have to overcome or fears of making presentations and being the focus of attention. Here are five tips for becoming a more confident public speaker:
1. Prepare: The ultimate way to calm nerves is to invest time in preparing. Practice at home – it’s important to hear your voice.
2. Mindset: Do some positive self-talk and visualize your successful presentation.
3. Primal Scream…then breath! Deep breathing gets oxygen to your brain which will help calm you.
4. Butterflies are our friends: Think of the nervous butterflies as your excitement to share your information.
5. You know more than they do: Ultimately remember, you are the expert.
To read a more in-depth article, go to www.classycareergirl.com.
For even more, visit Dawn’s blog, Professionality.