Poll 22: Road Rules

by EPI Staff on June 10, 2011

We all see them on the road; who’s the worst?

Who's your least favorite type of driver?

• Cell phone chatting Cathy (33%, 47 Votes)
  • Overly aggressive Andy (32%, 46 Votes)
  • Slowpoke Sally (21%, 30 Votes)
  • Distracted driver Don (11%, 16 Votes)
  • Horn-honking Harry (3%, 5 Votes)

Total Voters: 144

Loading ... Loading ...

Please feel free to expand on this poll in the comments section below.

Elizabeth June 10, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I find that Distracted Don is usually distracted by his cell phone!

Vanna Keiler June 10, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I agree with Elizabeth. Distracted Don sounds like the most dangerous. The aggressive driver may be annoying/a nuisance/potentially dangerous but he is at least keeping his eyes on the road. My own ‘least favorite’ order is the following (1) dangerous driver (Don); (2) potentially dangerous driver (Cathy); (3) rude driver (Harry); (4) annoying driver (Sally). We can drive around Sally, but we cannot anticipate Don’s actions/reactions since he cannot either.

Vanna Keiler June 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Oops. Forgot about poor Overly Aggressive Andy. I guess I would be him #2, behind the distracted Don but before Cell-Phone Chatting Cathy.

This is a good poll! Makes you really reflect about driving safety. :)

polite punk June 11, 2011 at 12:43 am

Where are the crazy bikers?

Lin June 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I would lump Chatty Cathy and Distracted Don as being the same driver (like Elizabeth said), as well as Aggressive Andy and Honking Harry (as often Aggressive Andy is honking between extensions of a certain digit).

Country Girl June 16, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I am somewhat surprised to see that the aggressive driver is getting the most votes. Although I’m sure each of us also probably has different criteria for what would qualify as an aggressive driver, I find these types of drivers are typically at least paying attention to the road and aware of their surroundings.

Though at times annoying, I personally would take an aggressive driver over a distracted or slow driver any day. Distracted drivers and slowpokes often are not prepared to react to what is going on around them and tend to cause the rest of the normal driving population to need to perform riskier maneuvers to get around them or get out of their way.